New ventures and sketching

I've not posted very much here and for that I am sorry. I have been pretty busy with classes and homework and just trying to juggle everything. I am also writing a lot (for evening class) and mostly sketching when time allows. Here is a recent one, exploring fear and the fear of telling stories as I embark on a new venture of creating stories for children's books. I know that deep inside of me there are so many little stories to told and shared. In the meantime I am learning from a wonderful mentor and teacher Maya Gonzalez. Learning to open heart and listen to the stories that want to be shared with children. Learning to play with new mediums and overcoming the fear associated with trying new things and coming the realization that fear will always be there. I need to ignore it and just write, explore and let the words flow. The same way I do with art and painting. The brush takes on it's own magic and it releases what needs to be released.


“It is not fear that stops you from doing the brave and true thing in your daily life. Rather, the problem is avoidance. You want to feel comfortable so you avoid doing or saying the thing that will evoke fear and other difficult emotions. Avoidance will make you feel less vulnerable in the short run but, it will never make you less afraid.” Harriet Lerner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El Cipitio

"Who are you today, Maria?"

Craving Papaya art